Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Song vs. Song #2: Raspy Females of the Early 80's

It is time again to voice your opinion on which is the better of two songs. Today's showdown features two smash hits of the early 1980's, as sung by raspy (at least slightly)-voiced females. For some reason, these songs always make me think of each other. And so it is that I ask you, which one is your favorite? (And, as always, if you need a refresher as to how either song sounds, simply click its title and listen to a snippet, thanks to Amazon.com).

Which song do you prefer?

Bette Davis Eyes - by Kim Carnes

or

Total Eclipse of the Heart - by Bonnie Tyler

There you go. Have at it, and remember to keep things civilized!

Benny K says...

It's difficult. As is all too often the case, the rarity of hearing a song can push it to a higher enjoyment level than it (perhaps) deserves. As such, I think I'd be a lot more excited to hear "Bette Davis Eyes" come on the radio. It's EXTREMELY rare that I hear it, so it'd be quite a thrill. But, to be a little more fair, I think "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a bit more epic. All things being equal, I guess I have to choose Bonnie Tyler.

2 comments:

JoAnna said...

Hmm... tough choice. Bette Davis Eyes is surprisingly good. But I think that Total Eclipse of the Heart will have to be my choice.

The Damsel said...

I really dig Bette Davis Eyes-but I have to say Total Eclipse Of The Heart.