Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Band vs. Band #4: Bon Jovi vs. Def Leppard

Twenty years ago, these bands were considered "hard rock" and favored by edgy teenagers whose parents feared for their futures. Nowadays, you're likely to hear these bands on the adult contemporary station. Hysteria, indeed! So which band do YOU like best?

Bon Jovi (including Jon Bon Jovi solo)

or

Def Leppard

Your votes are wanted ... dead or alive!

Benny K says...

While I can't vouch for their newer material, my vote undoubtedly goes to Def Leppard. Sure, they're both dumb fun to sing along with, but what if you couldn't sing along? What if you had to just listen to them and appreciate them in their own right? Def Leppard would get my vote, hands down. (Note: as I write this, my vote for Def Leppard merely makes it a tie ... anyone want to be the tiebreaker???)

3 comments:

glockster17 said...

It goes without saying that Bon Jovi has better teeth, as
I grow older this becomes more and more important to me, so that has to be my vote.
Besides "living on a prayer" makes me cry.

Sarah said...

Back in the days when I was a member of the Poison Fan Club, I would have said Bon Jovi. Today, after hearing the 'new single' from Def Leppard that is really just a damaging and painful remake of 'No Matter What' by The Clarks, I still say Bon Jovi...and that is even after considering what a terrible song It's My Life is.

Unknown said...

Def Leppard by a LONG SHOT. Pyromania is one of the top ten (in my book) albums of the 80s... Rock of Ages, Photograph, too late for love...