Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Song vs. Song #10: Aerosmith vs. Queen

The basic recipe: start slow and pretty, gradually build things up, and then smack your audience with a dramatic powerhouse chorus. Who wouldn't love it? But, the question always remains, which epic arena rock song of the 1970s is your favorite?

Dream On - Aerosmith

or

We are the Champions - Queen

This is rock-n-roll anthem territory, folks, so make your vote count now!

Benny K says...

I claim Queen as one of my favorite bands. In my opinion, "We Are the Champions," despite its popularity, is far from their best work. My vote easily goes to "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I never liked Queen much. I don't hate them but they are way, way, far down on my list. And now I'm going to shame myself on the internet by stating that I totally loved Dream On when I was a kid-young teen...I mean loved. Sometimes I can be such a dork. At least I never tried to dress like Aerosmith.

JoAnna said...

Alright, now I can fess up- only to make the other two feel better about their embarrassment...
I can't even think of the song Dream On. I feel like I probably know it... Benny, could you sing it for me? But perhaps, like so many other things in my life, I think I should know, but am sadly ignorant.
As for Queen, I think they're great. We are the Champions IS a silly song, but who doesn't start singing along when they hear it at a high school football game? At least, that's what I connect it to.

Sarah said...

Hard, but in the long run, I choose Aerosmith. I have more of their songs memorized. Oh, and don't believe Jennifer...she did too kind of start dressing like that whole Aerosmith era of music.

Jennifer said...

My sis is a big ol' lier. She'd better be nice or I'll start talking about her CeCe Deville (of the famed Poison) obsession -- oh wait did I just do that? Hey and Benny where are you? We want to know who wins! It's me huh?