Friday, June 24, 2005

Favorite Songs #2: Saturday Songs

In honor of the upcoming weekend, I am hereby asking you to vote for your favorite song with "Saturday" in the title. The only rule is that "Saturday" must be part of the title, not just part of the chorus or something. While there are probably several more, I am listing a few examples to get your brain going. Please note: these are NOT the only songs eligible!

Examples of "Saturday" songs, in alphabetical order:
  • Another Saturday Night -- Cat Stevens
  • Saturday in the Park -- Chicago
  • Saturday Night -- Bay City Rollers
  • Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting -- Elton John
  • Saturday's Child -- The Monkees
And, of course, anything else you can think of. Happy voting!

3 comments:

The Damsel said...

I think i would have to say the Bay City Rollers, although Saturday's Child is a close second

Benjamin said...

I think I also have to say "Saturday Night" by Bay City Rollers. Maybe it's not the most musically sophisticated song of the bunch, but it certainly makes one smile. Though I'm probably a bigger fan of the Ned's Atomic Dustbin version. Yes, it loses some of the giddy goodness found in the original, but it also sounds a little less circus-like. I guess it would depend on my mood as to which version I'd prefer...

Unknown said...

10:15 on a Saturday Night - The Cure

Friday Night, Saturday Morning - The Specials