Friday, February 10, 2006

Band vs. Band #5: ABBA vs Bee Gees

Say what you want about disco, you've gotta like something by one of these two superbands. But which band do you like best overall?

ABBA

or

Bee Gees

Step right up and say "Thank you for the music!" to the one you prefer!

Benny K says...

While I am admittedly more likely to listen to ABBA, I recognize the fact that the Bee Gees are the most sophisticated songwriters. But, as I'm always quick to point out, "favorites" and "bests" are not necessarily one and the same. Though I find many of their songs only so-so, I have to concede that I favor ABBA over the Bee Gees.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It's all about the Jive Talkin' boys...besides Muriel's Wedding, Abba doesn't hold any royalty over the Beegees.

My coworkers agree that the Beegees trump Abba...so for poll's sake, that's 4 for Beegees.

kieran said...

I missed the disco era by a long shot, so I'll go with the Bee Gees only because I like the baseline and (I think) Wulitzer combo in "Stayin' Alive"

On another note, you should give allofmp3.com a try. It's like iTunes, except a million times less expensive. We're talking full albums for under $2.00

After reading the fine print, I'm pretty sure it's legit and legal too. My friends have been using it for a while.

Th. said...

.

ABBA.

I've listened to Gold more times, perhaps, than any other album. Don't even own any BeeGees, like them though I do.

JL Pagano said...

Well my "cool" persona would prevent me from saying I liked either one now, but I will admit that when I was an innocent wee one that actually liked music because of the music rather than the image that went with it, I much preferred Abba.

JoAnna said...

This one is even harder! While I love to groove with ABBA, I guess I'll have to say that the BeeGees have an over all better quality.