Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Song vs. Song #12: Billy Bob Bash

I don't know the official chronological constraints of the label "classic rock," but I think we're fairly safe pushing into the early 1980s, especially if we're citing musicians that hit the big time at least a few years prior to the turn of the decade. With that having been said, consider this post an ode to classic rock's odes to what would be classic rock's classic rock, the oldies. Everybody follow that? Good. Now tell me, which rock n' roll tribute song do you like best?

It's Still Rock & Roll to Me - Billy Joel

or

Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Seger

Okay, I'll admit, Billy Joel's song isn't really a tribute to oldies music, but you can't deny that it thrives on its blatant nostalgic vibe. And regardless, these two songs always make think of each other. So there.

3 comments:

The Damsel said...

Billy Joel.

mudderbear said...

SORRY, I'M A LITTLE LATE, BUT I VOTE FOR "STILL ROCK AND ROLL TO ME".....glad to see these still come up.

JoAnna said...

Yup, Still Rock n Roll is one of the most awesomest songs ever! (I'm way late finding this- sorry).