Monday, April 10, 2006

Song vs. Song #8: Night Fever

While KISS prompted us to rock 'n' roll all night in the 70s, those who shunned heavy metal had to wait for the kindler, gentler persuasion of 80s pop icons before embracing all-night celebrations. Once they did, however, it prompted the #1 and #3 hit singles that respectively follow. But which song do YOU like best?

All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie

or

Rhythm of the Night - DeBarge

Don't go to bed until you've put your vote to rest!

Benny K says...

Looks like I'm the tiebreaker for once! Truth be told, I don't know how strong of an opinion I have on this one. But, my inclination is to cast my vote for Lionel Richie. I have recollections of listening to Lionel as a young boy, so his song is a bit more nostalgic for me. Also, you have to admit it's the more sultry of the two -- that's something...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aggh, these two both irritate me quite a bit, so I will go with Lionel because he interjects a cheesy overture.

Nice.

glockster17 said...

I too must cast my ballot for........

All Night LOng

Oh, thanks for asking.