Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Band vs. Band #2: The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

Two of the biggest bands in rock 'n' roll history, both hailing from Great Britain in the 1960's ... so which do YOU like best?

The Beatles

or

The Rolling Stones

Get voting!

Benny K says...

No doubt, the Beatles are a great band with a wide variety of musical masterpieces, from the simplistic pop-rock of their early days to the sophisticated compositions of their later psychedelic period. But there's one thing I can't deny. The Rolling Stones pretty much ALWAYS put a smile on my face, guaranteed. Listening to their straight-forward rock 'n' roll, you can't be anything other than happy. For consistency alone, my verdict has to be The Rolling Stones.

4 comments:

kieran said...

Who's had the bigger influence? Obviously the Beatles.

But where would my money go?

The Stones, just about every time.

AndyOfVermont said...

beatles

Benjamin said...

Down Mama Bear! It may very well be that the Beatles are the more talented songwriters. If I were to ask which band is BETTER, I probably would say the Beatles. But I only asked which band was preferred, and to be honest, I have enjoyed the Stones more consistently than the Beatles.

Sure, the Beatles have a ton of GREAT songs, but they have their own share of dead weight too. Almost every Rolling Stones song I know, I quite enjoy. I'm just more likely to get excited and crank up the radio when the Stones come on, whereas with the Beatles, there's always a chance I'll want to see what else is on.

glockster17 said...

I have to go with the BEATLES. Mamabear is 100 percent correct on this one.
john Lennon alone is great, add the others and we're rocking!!!