Friday, August 26, 2005

Band vs. Band #3: Getting Gothic

Primarily viewed as two of the premier bands of the 80's, both of these gothic pop-rock groups are still running strong. But which do YOU like best?

The Cure

or

Depeche Mode

Throw on your black mesh t-shirt and vote now!

Benny K says...

I'll be honest. I don't know that my preference is all that strong. In fact, I'm not a big enough fan of either band to rightfully declare a favorite. I haven't really listened to a non-compliation album from either group, so my opinion is limited to the songs you'd normally hear on the radio. That being said, I'll give my rather indifferent nod to The Cure. As a whole, I imagine my top ten Cure songs would outdo my top ten Depeche Mode songs, and that is how I'm making my decision. How's that for a blasé response?


5 comments:

Melanie said...

The Cure because they are darker.

JL Pagano said...

Hands down The Cure - I could reel off classic tracks by them for far longer than I could for the other lot.

The Damsel said...

The Cure

JoAnna said...

I got another one right! I enjoy both groups actually, but not a die hard fan of either and would have to say the Cure has a better sound overall.

glockster17 said...

ok, on this one I really don't care. But due to my desire to participate I have to say........
I guess the cure seems more gothic to me. I like Depeche Mode better, I can actually think of some of their songs.