Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Song vs. Song #3: Synth Pop Vents its Frustrations

With both a synthesizer and a chip on their shoulders, two New Wave bands gave us their own angst-ridden-though-delightfully-singable pop hits. But which do YOU like best?

People Are People - Depeche Mode

or

Shout - Tears for Fears

There you have it! Now vent!


Benny K says...

Tears for Fears have released some of my very favorite 80's songs. Unfortunately, Shout is not among them. And while both songs may be heavily overplayed, I personally hear Shout quite a bit more. So ... I have to go with Depeche Mode on this one. I choose People Are People.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

No question!

People are People

JoAnna said...

To be honest, I think both songs get a bit overplayed and by the middle of them, I'm a bit bored. I think I'll say People are People.
Funny, now that they're both going through my head, they sound the SAME!

JL Pagano said...

I never hopped on the DM bandwagon to be honest, not sure why. I did like one song of theirs, "Condemnation", but that's hardly a typical DM track, is it?

TFF get the nod from me.

The Damsel said...

I have to say Shout..though I agree with Jane about them being both sorta boring by the middle.

glockster17 said...

Tears for Fears seemed slightly less gay to me so I'll go with them.